Workplace accidents can happen to anyone, in any number of ways.
Many of us believe we are “safe” at work. Most of us don’t have dangerous jobs, like firefighters or police officers. But, really, no one is safe. Consider:
- A worker gets crushed in a loading zone.
- A secretary gets burned as she plugs in a defective printer.
- A shipping clerk suffers a back injury after performing the same task repetitively.
- A construction worker falls from a scaffold.
- A teacher drops a box of books on her foot.
Fortunately, injured workers in California can get financial help.
California provides a compensation scheme designed to provide injured workers with much-needed money while the workers heal from their injuries. It’s a great system. But, it can be difficult to navigate. That’s why many injured workers need help from a California workers’ compensation lawyer.
A California workers’ compensation attorney can help injured employees file workers’ compensation claims. At Lloyd, Nielsen & Palfreyman, APC, our Garden Grove workers’ compensation lawyers help injured employees recover the money they need and deserve. We handle the legal aspects of a workers’ compensation case so our clients can concentrate on their physical recoveries.
Give us five minutes and we’ll explain what benefits you’re entitled to. If you are in the Santa Ana or Garden Grove areas, contact our California workers’ compensation lawyers at 888-288-8888. You can also use our online contact form. We accept workplace accident claims throughout the Los Angeles area.
What are workers’ compensation benefits?
Workers’ compensation is a state-run program designed to provide medical benefits and wage replacement benefits to workers who suffer job-related injuries. An employee who suffers a compensable job-related injury may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Medical care to help the worker recover.
- Temporary disability benefits to cover the worker’s lost wages while the worker recovers.
- Permanent disability benefits to cover the worker’s lost wages if the worker does not recover completely.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits to help a person pay for retraining or skills enhancement.
- Death benefits for a worker’s spouse, children, and other dependents if the worker dies from a job-related injury.
What injuries are covered by the California workers’ compensation program?
Workers’ compensation covers most workplace injuries. It covers injuries to workers who have “dangerous” jobs. It also covers injuries to workers who do not have dangerous jobs. It covers injuries that are caused by a major event or accident. It also covers injuries that are caused by repeated exposure to workplace conditions. So, injuries resulting from both a fall off a ladder and from prolonged typing would be covered.
Common compensable injuries include:
- Fall-related injuries;
- Lifting and overexertion injuries;
- Back and neck injuries;
- Knee, shoulder, hand, ankle, and foot injuries;
- Crushing injuries;
- Repetitive motion injuries;
- Burn injuries;
- Broken bones; and
- Hearing loss.
Contact our Santa Ana and Garden Grove workers’ compensation lawyers to see if we can help you.
If you got hurt on the job, you may be entitled to compensation. To speak to a Garden Grove or Santa Ana workers’ compensation attorney, contact the California workers’ compensation lawyers at Lloyd, Nielsen & Palfreyman, APC. If you live in or near the Garden Grove or Santa Ana areas, we are here to help you. You may reach us by filling out an online form or by calling 888-288-8888.